Aquarion Water Company of Connecticut is pleased to announce that it has allocated a sum of $50,000 to its Customer Assistance Programs to assist customers in need with the payment of their water bills.
Customer Assistance Programs are available to customers who are either homeowners in Aquarion’s service territory or contractual renters (water bill must be in renter’s name) who pay a monthly water bill. Once the $50,000 has been allocated, the program will conclude. Customers current with their bills may be eligible for a one-time voucher, per customer, in the amount of $50. Certain customers may be eligible for a one-time grant of up to $250. Call (860) 243-2345 for more information.
How to Apply
To apply for assistance, customers may complete the application form online here. You will need to send Operation Fuel your completed form, a copy of your current Aquarion water bill, and a copy of Proof of Eligibility from one of the following sources:
- Social Security Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Helms Housing recipient paying the minimum
- Section 8 (Housing Choice Voucher Program)
- State-Administered General Assistance (SAGA)
- Rental Assistance Program (RAP)
- Connecticut Energy Assistance Program
- Operation Fuel
Once you've gathered that documentation, you can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to 860.243.1859, or mail it to 75 Charter Oak Avenue, Suite 2-240, Hartford, CT 06106.
You can also contact Aquarion Water Company at 800.732.9678 with questions.