Thank you for your interest in employment with Operation Fuel.
We currently have an immediate opening for a Small Business Advocate.
The Small Business Advocate is responsible for managing the Small Business Energy Assistance Project, updating the project work plan, implementing activities, staffing an advisory committee, and collecting and collating project data.
The Small Business Advocate will develop relationships with small business owners, particularly minority- and women-owned small businesses in the targeted communities, to help these businesses to lower their energy costs and support their efforts to learn and utilize energy conservation techniques.
This is a full-time position, reporting to the Executive Director.
- Create and communicate strategies and work plans to engage partners, produce seminars, recruit businesses to participate in the seminars, complete audits and recruit businesses to retrofit their businesses to achieve energy conservation.
- Refer business owners to small business energy conservation services offered by utilities. Follow-up with utility partners and small business owners to determine outcomes of referrals.
- Determine small business eligibility and distribute energy assistance incentives.
- Conduct educational sessions about energy conservation, in accordance with the project plan, at venues that are convenient for small businesses.
- Develop relationships with community organizations (e.g., Chambers of Commerce, community colleges, etc.) at which to conduct outreach and provide energy-related education to small businesses eligible to participate in project.
- Refine project design, work plan, and timeline. Prepare reports and other materials in an accurate and timely basis.
- Work with Operation Fuel Development Department to create materials (Web-based and print) for continuation and expansion of project.
- Provide input about types of data to be collected during the project, ensure data collection, and provide accurate data and information for final project report.
- Provide staff support to Project Advisory Committee.
- Perform and clearly communicate the results of research into previous and current work to achieve energy conservation in the targeted business communities.
- Represent Project BEST and Operation Fuel at meetings and presentations.
- Make presentations and connect with policy makers as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, develop and carry out plans to secure continuation funding.
- A minimum of 3 years of project management experience, preferably in an area related to this project such as energy, small business, or human services
- Demonstrated experience designing and providing educational content to adults
- Ability to provide leadership to a statewide demonstration project; ability to work collaboratively with diverse people and groups
- Prior experience working in situations that require cultural competence, especially related to minorities, women, and low income; bilingual a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Apply : Operation Fuel , Attention: Betty Walsh
One Regency Drive
Bloomfield, CT 06002
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until candidate is selected.
No phone calls please.